Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blind dating: I approve. (part 2)

"And you are M'kay, right?" 

He confirmed and we were off. He opened the door for me and as I was climbing into the backseat of Branson's jeep I noticed something--the back seat was only slightly larger then a school desk. Hmm, this will be interesting I thought to myself. I took a seat and right off we were arm to arm, leg to leg. Inside my head I was laughing hysterically but only letting a smile creep through my lips.  Although, oddly enough, it wasn't awkward. We didn't squirm and avoid eye contact, it was like I had known him for a long time. Certainly longer then 2 minutes. There wasn't pauses where you are racking every part of your brain to come up with a good question. It was just easy. 

Bowling was a party and after 3 rounds we decided to go get some subzero. Branson pulled out some sweet mater skills, I saw my boss, and we got a free pool game. We probably all had topping plastering the corner of our mouths but it was fine. After we had had enough of that we went driving from here to Lehi and back. Did we doorbell ditch M'kay's house?  Yes, yes we did. Did we drive around a roundabout 8 times? Also a yes. We are rebels-it's fine. Not knowing where else to go we settled for the high school hangout, which is Maceys. Then at about 11:40 we headed home, and since Branson has a stick and doesn't like shifting down when turning corners, me and M'kay decided to play jello. One sharp turn later we were linking arms. EFY style. I apologized for just grasping onto him, but then for some reason, neither of us moved. It wasn't that awkward but worried about how he felt I decided that I would try and weasel my arm out on the next turn. As the next corner was cut I started to straighten my arm and move it out but he wasn't moving, and I didn't want him to think I was weirded out, and so I just stuck it back. It remained that way for the rest of the ride. I turned my head to see what he was thinking and we just looked at each other and smiled. 

He pulled up to my house, and our arms slipped apart. I hopped out of the jeep and he walked me to the door. I thought there would be just a quick hug and a "hope to cya soon" but he lingered longer. We talked about how much fun it was, and I told him we should hang out again, so he pulled out his phone and asked for my number. I gladly gave it to him. 

"Yeah, so I'll text ya in the morning. :)" 

And he did. 
P.S  this is just for you Linds. haha :)



No comments:

Post a Comment