Monday, September 26, 2011

Visceral Response? Prolly.


Maybe today you popped out of nowhere and into the group I was standing with. You didn't talk to me, you didn't make eye contact (or maybe that was just me). Maybe I turned ghost white, my vision went blurry, my body was tingly, I could feel my heart beating like I was being chased by a bear, I felt glued to the floor, and maybe after you left my face heated to about 105 degrees. 
Maybe at the time I was devastated, whether it be that you weren't...there...anymore or maybe just because I felt like that one step I had taken forward had just taken 10 more back. But, now that I think about it, it's actually quite hilarious. And, that step I took forward? Yeah, it's still there. 

So please, Erin Lou, just laugh. Because being sad just doesn't make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment